Sunday, March 9, 2008

And The Madonna Train begins to chug...


How can I explain a Madonna fan's excitement when one hears the Madonna press junket train start to warm up it's engine? Well if you've ever had a bad burrito at Carlo's Taco Shop and got that crampy diarrhea stomach roll....that would be pretty close..except with a Madonna fan. Its a welcome feeling.

After my whirlwind Madonna groupie love of 06 where I achieved my goal of getting front row and breathing in the same air as my queen, everything from then til' now has been an futile effort of feeding my insatiable Madonna hunger. Re-watching DVDs, checking Madonnalicious.com three times a day for news and/or any new "previously unreleased" pictures, trolling fan sites, watching old interviews on Youtube...they're all pretty much like throwing goldfish crackers at a polar bear. It just doesn't cut it.

So now, with the promise of fresh fish coming next month, (song leaks on the internet, Madonna on the cover of at least two magazines and best of all, Madonna inducted in the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame!!! And she deserves it, I don't care what the critics say. Fact of the matter is, if Mrs. Ritchie had a penis, she'd would've been touted as Elvis' heir to the throne.)
I'm getting the diarrhea cramps. Because with a single comes an album and with an album comes promo appearances and after that????
A TOUR BIZNATCHES!!!

Therefore the game planning begins. After you go first row, you don't go back, so this year, front row ..at least TWICE. Twice you say? Hell yes, I'm going at least twice if not three times and I'm even thinking about taking in a show somewhere....international perhaps??? (If the financial gods are good to me).

So stay tuned because the midge is about to go batshit crazy. (and just to make things interesting this year, I'm buying THIS to document my concert shenanigans for your amusement. You're welcome.)

1 comment:

Deborah said...

I am hoping the tour takes a bit of time to develop. The more time I have to save some pennies, the better.

I doubt getting anywhere near the front row is a reality for me. I'd be happy with getting in (see: my latest post and last month's trainwreck).

That said, if I don't make it, I will be more at peace than I would've been two years ago. I got my night, I got my near-encounter with Our Queen, and if I don't get another shot, well... It'd be close to how I felt after May 17 of last year, wondering if fate held one more chance for me to see Bob Barker in person. It would be hard to be disappointed when my last chance resulted in the moment I'd waited so long for.

But, then again, if May 17th was a home run, June 3, ***6 was a single, maybe a double. Standing four feet away? Awesome. Eye contact? Kick-ass. But, haven't quite gotten to breathe in some Madonna, or get a handshake or high-five or anything like that...

Yet.