Sunday, June 3, 2007

The Madonna Information Report


A few little things I got from the Madonna Information Report that I found interesting:

"Hey You" - Madonna's song for charity is now available on Itunes. Listen to the sweet voice of Madge and your proceeds go to charity! You just can't beat that. Speaking of "Hey You" ..here's a particularly great review about the song and Madonna.

As I'm sure you've heard by now, Icon-Madonna's official fan club has gone "digital" in regards to the fan club magazine. I've seen it and I really like how there's video added within the digital magazine; however, I will miss getting an ACTUAL magazine that I can hold in my hands and look through whenever I want without the whole hullabaloo of signing into a computer to "see it." Thankfully, the fine folks of DrownedMadonna answered my (and many other fans') prayers by coming out with a fan magazine of their own and having it available online.
Here's the information from DrownedMadonna:


The first printed issue of DM is available to be ordered online.

We at Drowned Madonna have worked hardly for months to bring you our first printed FANZINE. We heard people was missing a fanzine in English and several readers sent us email requesting it.

We did our best to put together all the best recent stuff. We really hope you like our debut issue and we invite you to send us your opinions and suggestions to dm@drownedmadonna.com.

The first issue has been printed as limited edition and as for all the next issue its size is A4 (21cm x 29,7cm) in hi-quality sheets.

It looks wonderful and I already ordered my copy. Order it here

Hope you're having a great weekend!
I leave you with the full video for "Paradise, Not For Me." Which played on the big screens during an intermission for The Drowned World Tour. An icon fan posted it up on the message board at Icon. I had never seen the whole thing before and it was one of my favorite parts of the show. I think Madonna Geisha is my favorite of all her looks and I'm still toying with the idea of dressing up as Madonna Geisha for Halloween but it seems all the "Geisha" outfits I find are just cheap pieces of material sewn together with three pieces of string....so the search continues. If I ever find one that looks decent then I'll do it but if not, I'm quite content in letting my daughter do all the legwork for the candy.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Deborah said...

I must admit, I am pleasantly surprised with "Hey You"... If this is the direction her album is heading in, I'll eat crow, and take a stroll in my ballet boots.

Really. Seriously.

Geisha Madge is yummy, too.. If I don't get around to finishing my WW costume (Wonder Madge? Hahaha), I could try that one...

I also must admit, I've never joined ICON.. So hard to budget my expenses.. And boots... And of course, I need potted plants to put in my TV after the 15th. *sigh*

LadyHAHA said...

I'm telling you girl, it is not going to be hip hop. I refuse to believe that Madonna is going to take the chessy popular route just to get on the radio. She's never done it before and I don't see her doing it now. (now I'll have to eat crow if the album sounds hip hoppy)

Icon sucks now to be honest. The only reasons I sign up is to get the latest information when she goes on tour and to get the Icon Magazine ...which was bimonthly at first, then they reduced it down to ONE magazine a year (still nice though, it was thick)..and now they've gone "digital." True it is very high tech and includes videos..it is hard to read and I like something I can hold in my hand and read in bed or in the car or whereever.
So yeah, don't join Icon. Just ask me if you need to know anything! haha!

Deborah said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. After all, one of the appeals to Madge has always been that she's done her own thing, everyone else be damned. Going hip hop would be the opposite of that - it would be Madge the leader becoming Madge the follower, and Madge is as much of a follower as Bush is a leader.

Besides, hip hop is to music as Ryan Seacrest is to game show (in his case, alleged) hosts.

I'm in agreement on Icon going digital. There are some things that are nice in digital, but when it comes to reading materials, I do like actually having a book/magazine in my hands, hence why I actually still buy books or check them out from the library, as opposed to buying e-books online. Give me a real magazine over a digital one any day.