Sunday, July 15, 2007

The Beast Within. Why Madonna's concert is like no other.

Partly why I loved Reinvention tour was because it was a little darker than most of her concerts..okay, mind you I had only been to one other concert prior to going to the Reinvention one (Drowned World) but I seen her other ones on DVD. While I loved the Confessions tour and the disco theme, I think Reinvention tour just appealed more to my theatric tastes. That's why I LOVE going to Madonna's concerts and why I describe it as a religious experience (for me and I'm sure most Madonna fanatics.) Her concerts are more than just getting up there and singing, it is FULL ON theatrics, with a back story and everything. Almost like watching a Broadway musical. The thing that amazes me is that every tour seems to top the prior tour or be completely different from the prior tour, but it is ALWAYS a mind blowing show. Even if you're not a Madonna fan, you'll be entertained. Plus the fact that it all comes from that little head of hers is just as equally amazing. Madonna is in complete artistic control of her concerts, so when you go to a show, you get a peek at the mind of Madonna and it becomes a very personal experience to the concert goer. I don't think a lot of pop artists today can visually, musically put together a creative show on their own like Madonna can. They usually have several choreographers and directors feeding them ideas on how to put on a show. I have yet to see a concert that can top the artistic factor that is in a Madonna concert, that's why I can't wait for her next album to come out so she can tour again and I can see what she pulls out of her hat next.

The opening of Reinvention Tour. BRILLIANT.

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Picking between Madonna's Confessions Tour and the Sherrie Austin performance I saw in Minnesota is a tough call. Both were mind-blowing, but for different reasons.

Sherrie was two hours of her belting out music, singing her heart out and having a blast.

Madonna was an extravaganza, a performance that was as much about the theatrics as the music itself.

Regardless, both were among the highlights of my life. Getting to relive either one time and time again would please me to no end... Reliving both would be heaven.

Sadly, Confessions is the only show I've seen live and in person so far. I still regret missing out on the six previous tours.

I hope if she does tour next year that it kicks more major ass.

LadyHAHA said...

It is unfortunate that you missed out on Reinvention and I the fact that they aren't releasing it on DVD (yet..but I'm still waiting). It was a mind blowing show. But then again all her shows are. I'm more of a theatrics extravaganza type gal... while I appreciate someone going on stage and singing their hearts out (I mean, if Madonna did that, I would be right there up front loving every minute of it.) but I love a good show and Madonna gives it to me better and harder every time. :D

I can't wait for the next tour!!! I'll see you at the Staples Center again k??? Look for my shirt! hahaha!

Deborah said...

From what I've been hearing, they are trying to work out something to get RI out on DVD. I hope so. I really do regret missing out on that one!

If we do indeed get another tour next year (probably all depends on the album being released on schedule), I'm definitely there, and definitely will keep an eye out for you! :)